On the day i was born, the No. 1 artist/song was the man himself. The king, Elvis Presley. He was number one all over the world because it went to number one a week after his death, after being number 42. wow.
Artist: Elvis Presley
Song: Way Down
Country of Origin: US
Weeks at the Top: 5
Writer : Layng Martine Jr
Producer : Elvis Presley and Felton Jarvis
Comments: Released just before the King died on 16/8/77, it shot from #42 to #1 a week after his death.
Artist/song at number 1 on my eighteenth birthday: Fairground by simply red.
Artist: Simply Red
Country of Origin: UK
Weeks at the Top: 4
Writer : Mick Hucknall
Producer : Mick Hucknall and Stewart Levine
Comments: This was the only uk #1 single for simply red
I remember it coming out too. Not a bad little tune. For simply red.
xx ry xx
You're the United Nations!
Most people think you're ineffective, but you are trying to
completely save the world from itself, so there's always going to be a long
way to go. You're always the one trying to get friends to talk to each
other, enemies to talk to each other, anyone who can to just talk instead of
beating each other about the head and torso. Sometimes it works and sometimes
it doesn't, and you get very schizophrenic as a result. But your heart
is in the right place, and sometimes also in New York.
Take the Country Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid
Guess the diplomat in me won through...
First best friend: Claire Limbert
First concert: Garbage
First screenname: jazz4ryan
First enemy: Andrew Smurfwaite
First piercings: Nope. Needle phobia.
First crush: Helen Reid
First music: Ace Of Base - The Sign. Regrettably.
First school: Sherburn Hungate Primary School
Last cigarette: 5 hours and 59 minutes ago
Last kiss: 6 hours ago
Last movie seen: Wedding Crahers
Last phone call: Matt Field - Yesterday
Last album played: Sweet Billy Pilgrim
Last bubble bath: about 4 weeks ago
Last hug: Lloyd
Last time you ate something: 8 hours ago
8 have you ever's
Have you ever dated your best friend: No
Have you ever skinny dipped: No
Have you ever been on TV: Once. Very briefly
Have you ever kissed somebody and regretted it: Yes
Have you ever fallen in love: Yes. thankfully
Have you ever lost someone you loved: 2 times
Have you ever been depressed: as a chronically depressed lemming looking for a cliff.
Have you ever woken up and not known where you were: No
7 places you've been to
5. Lake District
7. Tesco’s in Pontefract.
6 things you've done today
1. Watched Neighbours
2. Bought guitar strings with £2 off!
3. Took Alice for Fish & Chips. Winner.
4. Went to open mic and played geetar, drums and harmonica, and sang a bit too.
6. Filled this in.
5 favourite things in no order
4. Maxwell House coffee powder
5. Gibson SST chet atkins special edition: Retail £1500. mutha fucker.
4 people you can tell anything to
3 things you want to do
1. Get a record deal
2. Get a haircut
3. Visit the great barrier reef.
1. To spend my life in a way that benefits others
2. To earn my living with music and my family and friends to share it.
1 thing you regret
1. Scratching my arse and then forgetfully biting my nails.
B - Breakfast Item: 1 cup Maxwell house (powder). Well stirred. 2.66 sugars.
C - Chore you hate: Pulling other people’s dirty pubes out of the bath’s plughole.
D - Dad's Name: Pete
E - Essential everyday item: House Keys.
F - Flavour ice cream: Chocolate
G - Gold or Silver: Silver. I ain’t a chav. See?
H - Hometown: Pontefract / Wakefield
I - Insomnia: Every night.
J - Job Title: Music Teacher (secondary) PT.
K - Kids: Throw chairs at me.
L - Living arrangements: Share with my mate Dan. 2 bedrooms each. Marvelous.
M - Mom's birthplace: 12 Rookhill Road, Pontefract.
N - Number of significant others you’ve ever had: 1 before Alice. Alice is hopefully the last.
O - Overnight hospital stays: 1. Broke my wanking hand once.
P - Phobias: Breaking my wanking hand.
Q - Queer?: no. fuck off.
R - Religious Affiliation: I don’t affiliate anyone. God? Pah, he can kneel before me.
S - Siblings: 1 sister – Slightly confused.
T - Time you wake up: 1pm Friday to Tuesday. 6am Wednesday to Thursday.
U - Unnatural hair colors you've worn: Silver.
V - Vegetable you refuse to eat: Fucking Turnips.
W - Worst habit: Swearing at turnips.
X - X-rays you’ve had: probably one too many.
Y - Yummy: My fuckin stew mutha fucker.
Z - Zodiac sign: Libra – It’s all in the balance.
hehe.. anyhow - Back at school now with full armour plating and anxiety pills. God it's tough. Got loads better today though. Sticking at it. Teaching is the lowest thing in my life right now, everything else is amazing. Oh, i really miss Ant though. And everyone else.
Hope you're all ok
I do however have an account of what transpired:
1. We all started playing guitar. Antonio did a version of Hallelujah which I shouted over and totally ruined.
2. Antonio then played some blues, and in my pissed state, I managed to do a solo over it, in the right key with a few fluffed notes, but then at the end, I played 2 notes next to each other gradually slowing down, until I finished on the right one, and then in a timely fashion, I fell off my chair.
3. Jharda then took a video on her phone of me rolling my arms around shouting the words “Rock ‘n’ Roll”, it then panned to Lloyd, who was looking at me, thinking how much I reminded him of his friend Mark. It then panned back to me as I screamed “Shamone Mutha” then the video ends. Oh Dear.
4. Then Jim went to the door with Lloyd for some fresh air. I discovered that the door had been opened and I proceeded to run out into the street, stop in the middle of the road, turn left, run full tilt up the street, I then ran into someone’s garden and tried taking a piss on their front door. Jim tried to stop me, but I got free and ran to someone else’s door and pissed on theirs instead.
5. I lost my brand new 256MB USB flash drive.
6. I smoked more.
7. I went to the bathroom and opened the window at speed.
8. I tried closing my window incorrectly and broke it leaving a wide 30cm opening at the bottom as it stuck.
9. I wrote the words “MUTHA FUCKA” on my bathroom mirror using Vaseline.
10. Rik (fawn) went around my house writing the word CUNT on my walls in navy blue insulating tape. I found 4 instances the next day.
11. Antonio went around after Rik and removed the top bar from the C of CUNT so now everywhere said the marvelous and now much treasured word “LUNT”.
12. I hid in the scullery.
13. I fell into the scullery.
14. I fell over and kicked Gnome in the face.
15. I ate something red.
16. I fell into the scullery.
17. Matt threw his mobile phone at me and it hit me in the chest, winding me a little, at which I disagreed with him that it was a good idea and we had some sarcastic cross words.
18. I fell over, and landed miraculously in the scullery.
19. I shouted things.
20. I regained some consciousness and remember telling people at half past 6 that I was going to bed.
21. I shouted for Lloyd after realizing 2 things. 1. I was upside down. And 2. I couldn’t untie my shoes.
22. Lloyd rescued me by untying my shoes.
23. I discovered to my dismay that some fiendish acquaintance of mine had written the word CUNT on my bed. The full length across, in huge letters, in navy blue insulating tape.
24. I fell asleep.
25. I woke up.
26. Matt made me a coffee and threatened to open my curtains.
27. I told matt to fuck off.
28. I looked at the clock. 2pm.
29. I got out of bed and found the word “LUNT” all over my walls.
30. I found a tissue version of the word “LUNT” on my video shelf carefully torn.
31. I went downstairs and found my kitchen cupboard handle broken.
32. I discovered my new hat was missing.
33. I discovered my USB flash drive was missing.
34. I discovered my house was VERY messy.
35. I spoke to Matt on msn and apologized for being a big grumpy head and for telling him to fuck off.
36. I apologized to Ant for being a grumpy head too.
We are talking folks about a mammoth victory of a new years eve. I would not change any one thing of what happened, other than Alice being there of course. It was godlike in proportions and hilarious! Although I lost about 4 hours, and a full roll of navy blue insulating tape, it was simply the best New Years Eve I’ve ever had. And I’ve had a few corkers.
Here's some pics of me and Graeme on Christmas Eve:
You know... Really Dancin'....o/ o/ \o
Happy New Year everyone!
- Duelling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are Gobiron_Ryan.
- If you don't get out of bed on the same side you got in, you will have Gobiron_Ryan for the rest of the day.
- Devoid of his cells and proteins, Gobiron_Ryan has the same chemical makeup as sea water.
- The condom - originally made from Gobiron_Ryan - was invented in the early 1500s!
- Red Gobiron_Ryan at night, shepherd's delight. Red Gobiron_Ryan at morning, shepherd's warning.
- California is the biggest exporter of Gobiron_Ryan in the world.
- The blood of mammals is red, the blood of insects is yellow, and the blood of Gobiron_Ryan is blue.
- Gobiron_Ryanology is the study of Gobiron_Ryan!
- Worldwide, Gobiron_Ryan is the most important natural enemy of night-flying insects.
- If the annual Australian Gobiron_Ryan crop was laid end to end, it would stretch around the world seven times.
This is soooo true. I hate night flying insects!!! Damn them and their plots to enslave us humans!!
DOG - Your daemon may be a dog if you are loyal and
caring, and like to know what is expected of
you. You probably are very family oriented, and
have a small group of friends that you are very
close to, rather than a large group of
acquaintances. You dislike confrontation, but
you will stand up and fight for the people and
issues that you really care about. You may
prefer someone else to take the lead in a
situation, although you would rather take the
lead yourself than have the situation fall
apart. You probably enjoy routine and order,
but that doesn't mean you don't like to have
fun. If anything, your friends probably know
you for getting intense, child-like pleasure in
the small things in life.
What Is Your Daemon?
brought to you by Quizilla
well... good job my name's not heiko... otherwise i'd just be a four legged version of a member of my family. We've had german shepherds since i was born.
funny that somehow.
I've visited the counties in yellow.
Which counties have you visited?
made by marnanel
map reproduced from Ordnance Survey map data
by permission of the Ordnance Survey.
© Crown copyright 2001.
Well.. looks like i need to stretch my legs a bit. south west... hmmmm
As a young lad, i used to daydream about what it would be like if we left a small trace of ourselves with each step we ever took through our lives, and what it would be like to see our footpaths on a map when we were older...
hmmm yup, i was a daydreamer.. and a silly one at that!!
Love to everyone.. Happy new year!!
Oh i was soooo drunk. Ask antonio